I am sure that folks thought the last 2 World Wars was the beginning of the End Times. They had not seen any conflict to match their experience to date. If they could only see where we are now.
Let us list a few items:
1) Almost all nations have access to knowledge to build nukes and the resources to do it.
2) Same nations in item 1 can also deliver the product to the country of choice.
3) You need a score card and a small database to keep track of the wars in progress and potential wars to come.
4) Look up the amount of violent offenders and the degree/frequency/and scope of events.
5) Consider the current events that has already caused a top US official to resign and the 10,000 more that may be dis-closed on the call girl list published by prime time news.
6) God's Word being caste out of the schools, courts, and other prominent places.
7) The debt built up and money spent on entertainment.
8) Poverty, malnutrition, disease have not and cannot be conquered by man. They are still with us.
9) Divorce, single mothers, and the erosion of the family unit.
Special Insert that I overlooked.
10) The militant push being exerted to accept homosexual behavior as normal and acceptable; when it is sin and expressly judged in God's Word as being an abomination in His sight.
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. Daniel 7:25
This would be enough to send our fore-fathers running for the caves with sack cloth and ashes. But we endure this daily. Most of us do not see it because our eyes are distracted with the cares and dealings of this short life in the here and now.
38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
That's just the short list. The good news is that God is greater!
God's people have already been warned this would happen:
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25Behold, I have told you before.
(you have been warned)
Jesus is coming for those who love His appearing.
click here to find Him